3. D'Aloisio's parents came to England from Australia. His father, Lou, has worked in commodities for BP and Morgan Stanley, while his mother, Diana, is a corporate lawyer who also serves as her son's contractual representative. They always knew D'Aloisio was an extremely inquisitive child. 'But he was our first, so we didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary,' says Diana. (D'Aloisio's brother, Matthew, is 14.) They stress that despite his impressive accomplishments, he remains a normal kid. Or at least as normal as a kid can be when he's making offhand references to Markov models and stochastic processes. 'He still goes out on weekends, still goes to parties,' says Diana. 'He's got a girlfriend. All the things you do at 17.'
2. “Brands that are known for going it alone are partnering with unexpected allies,” Gilbert says. “If you dig into Apple’s investment, the special projects team reads like a who’s who list of some of the best talent in the world coming from every sector imaginable.”
3. "Everywhere I go business owners are seeing an increase in demand," said Gus Faucher, senior economist at PNC Financial Services. "Businesses will have to raise wages to attract or maintain workers."
6. Did you have to worry about these little things when you were my age? 在您那个年代，您曾经担心过我们现在担心的事吗？
1. It's a bit of a lark organised by UK film critics – a gong for the top canine performance at the festival, handed out on the last Friday in the British pavilion. This year the Palm Dog went to Lucky, a Maltipoo – that's half Maltese terrier, half poodle – who plays Dixie in Miguel Gomes' six-hour epic, Arabian Nights. The prizewinner is presented with a toy bone and this year delivered a brief acceptance speech (“woof”) by video link. A jolly time was had by all but an unnamed French journalist felt that the award was “an unwanted intrusion of British silliness” in the glamorous proceedings, according to AFP. “From the French perspective, this is a bit bizarre,” he is reported to have said. “The British are weird.”
3. Dachis says: 2011 saw a huge bounce for Dominos in brand enthusiasm from their brand relaunch which 2012 just couldn’t match. It’s a shame they can’t redesign their recipes every year.
5. Sohmers所推出的这个产品，可谓将高速运算能力和低能耗集为一体。Sohmers表示：“除了电子工程师外，我认为我还是一位创业者。我相信，我所作的工作，将会对整个世界产生重要的影响。”Sohmers在几年前从高中辍学，加入了Peter Thiel创立的创业加速器20 Under 20 Thiel Fellowship。2011年，在其他同龄人都在准备考大学的时候，Sohmers开始学习编程。他获得了10万美元的种子资金，并且跟随硅谷中一些著名的技术人才进行学习。Sohmers曾在麻省理工学院研究实验室进行工作和学习，研究从增强现实眼镜到激光通信系统的任何东西。也是在那里，他见到了REX的另一位联合创始人Kurt Keville。但是在他正式进入麻省理工学院研究室之前，他的父母似乎并不太支持他放弃学业。
6. Blake Griffin's high school appearance isn't that far off from how he looks today. Just add some hair and some size to his biceps, and you've got Blake Griffin today.
1. Whenever I talk to people about the future, I'm struck by their belief that it is knowable. The impression I get is that most people imagine the future like a book ending: already written and readable if you can just steal a quick look at the last few pages. What they find difficult is accepting that the pages aren't written yet. The future hasn't happened, hasn't even been planned--and cannot be known because it doesn't exist.
3. 自从2015年，唱作人杜阿·里帕就持续发表了一系列单曲，从最初的那首轻佻的《Be the One》（《成为你的唯一》）到最后那首大获成功的《Hotter Than Hell》（《热得过火》），这两首歌都被收录到她的首张专辑中。
A report on entrepreneurship among Chinese college students published by Renmin University of China revealed an inverse proportion between the level of students' academic degrees and their intentions to start their own businesses.
That partly explains why actuaries have the best job in the United States, according to a new survey by CareerCast.com that will be released Tuesday. Biomedical engineer was No. 2 and software engineer, the top job of 2012, came in at No.3. Careers that ranked the lowest included enlisted military personnel, lumberjack and newspaper reporter.