1. 'That's something that would be challenged, I think, in the 21st century.
2. The prices are tough for ordinary Brazilians to afford. The minimum wage in the country is $330 a month, just about what Ferreira said she earns.
3. Cousins's deal qualifies as a blockbuster, the Raptors made two strong moves to bolster their contender status, and the race for the West's last playoff spot got far more intriguing, among other storylines.
4. For those outside the scientific community, the response to the retraction has been mixed.
5. Let us look at what lies ahead for the rest of 2017 in trade:
1. On China's Twitter-like Weibo, many netizens thumbed up the boy's bravery and calmness in the face of such emergency.
2. The report also showed regions with a better-developed economy produce more cyberstars, with Beijing, Shanghai, Guangdong, Jiangsu and Zhejiang leading the rankings.
3. By 2020, annual box office sales are expected to reach 100 billion yuan, according to industry estimates.
2. 6. Cutting Down on Saturated Fats Could Preserve Your Memory
3. “My manifesto with Summly was to get our technology into as many users’ hands as possible,” Mr D’Aloisio said, pointing to Yahoo’s hundreds of millions of users. “With Yahoo’s reputation as a content portal, we have an opportunity to fundamentally change the way content is consumed.”
4. As for Dirk, nobody should ever go out the way they do, but it happens all the time. In some ways, maybe it's easier if the reckoning is this painful.
3. 《受虐待经历影响的瑞典“女权主义外交政策”倡导者》(Sweden’s Proponent of ‘Feminist Foreign Policy,’ Shaped by Abuse)
4. The Turkish president said Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, was “no different from the Netherlands” and urged émigré Turks not to vote for “the government and the racists” in upcoming European elections. Ms Merkel faces a tough re-election bid in September.
6. But at the end of a madcap Golden Globes (Ms. Fey toasted it as 'the beautiful mess we hoped it would be'), the major honors soberly ended up with the favorites. David O. Russell's con-artist caper 'American Hustle' led with three awards, including best film comedy. And despite missing out in the other six categories it was nominated in, the unflinching historical drama '12 Years a Slave' concluded the night as best film drama.
In truth, slower growth of about 8 per cent could be better for China and for the world. More environmentally sustainable and equitable outcomes would ease popular concerns and higher consumption would ease tensions over global trade.
Despite the criticism, Mayer defended her decision to Fortune in April and said that the move was "wrongly perceived as an industry narrative." Mayer said she needed employees to work in the office to encourage collaboration and innovation from workers. So far it looks like her controversial move may be helping the business: Yahoo's stock is up more than 100% since Mayer took over in 2012.
What would he try for his solo move: "Sweet Creature" and "Ever Since New York" are intimate acoustic ballads; while "Kiwi" lets him strut his Oasis-style self at top volume. "Two Ghosts" is a break-up lament .
"It is a truly a global phenomenon in which people, due to lack of opportunities, have to leave their families behind to provide for them," said Pedro De Vasconcelos, IFAD policy advisor and author of the report.