2. The raised decoration shows a cartouche — an oval frame around Egyptian hieroglyphics indicating a royal name. Above the frame archaeologists could make out the symbol of an eye and that of a cobra.
3. According to an analysis carried out by the independent health charity King's Fund, successive cuts to health budgets – especially in fields of sexual health and addiction – could be expected to hit roughly ￡800 million (over US$1 billion) by 2021.
4. Sometimes Anna’s hair, which is lighter than Ms. Chastain’s natural color, is pulled back, creating layers and a bit of playfulness, but still maintaining authority.
5. Rihanna vs. Rosario Dawson Both stars wore this long satin Dolce & Gabanna dress in different colors. 蕾哈娜和罗莎里奥·道森都穿了这件款式一致颜色不同的D&G
2. As impressive as those saving gains might look now, they could easily be swallowed as rising rates of illness place a greater burden on society.
3. It is the first time that EMBA-Global, the joint programme delivered by London Business School and Columbia Business School, has dropped out of the top five.
4. 《钢铁侠3》（Iron Man 3）凭借12亿美元的票房总收入成为目前2013年最卖座影片。不过这还不足以令其主演小罗伯特·唐尼（Robert Downey Jr.）摘下我们票房收入最高演员的桂冠。今年，绰号“巨石强森”的德韦恩·约翰逊（Dwayne Johnson）凭借更加努力的工作，击败了唐尼。
2. “For years we had Chinese growth going gangbusters and US rates going down,” says Josh Crabb, head of Asian equities at Old Mutual Global Investors, the asset management arm of Old Mutual, the insurer. “But transaction volumes have dried up quite significantly, so we are not really sure what the prices are. That looks like a tough fundamental outlook.”
4. We had everything before us, we had nothing before us…
6. May the joy of New Year be with you throughout the year.
2. The government's next snapshot of the job market, due Friday, will be distorted by Sandy, which devastated the Northeast in late October, leaving many jobless. Economists say Sandy could temporarily knock anywhere from 100,000 to 150,000 off of the government's jobs tally for November, resulting in job growth of under 100,000 or even much less.[qh]
3. “An employee bragged to all his colleagues that it was his last day, but failed to let his boss or the HR manager know.”
Cousins's deal qualifies as a blockbuster, the Raptors made two strong moves to bolster their contender status, and the race for the West's last playoff spot got far more intriguing, among other storylines.