3. TOGETHERNESS (HBO, Jan. 11) HBO’s Sunday night comedy block already covers early-20-something New York women (“Girls,” beginning its fourth season the same night) and late-20-something San Francisco gay men (“Looking,” beginning its second). Now it adds 30-something Los Angeles straight people in this sometimes bleakly comic half-hour from Jay and Mark Duplass, the brothers behind quirky films like “The Puffy Chair” and “Baghead.” Mark Duplass and Melanie Lynskey play a married couple sharing a house with his best friend (Steve Zissis) and her sister (Amanda Peet).
3. Stand: Apple CEO Tim Cook fought for workplace protection for the LGBT community
4. Musk said he expects to be producing cars at a 100,000-a-year rate by the end of 2015.
5. "They say: 'I wonder why she kept her head down in the meeting; I wonder why she's not eager to take over that project; I wonder why she's leaving early a couple days a week," Kay says. "You're planting questions in their head."
1. Former Disney star-turned-wild child singer Miley Cyrus followed as the number two 'celeb gone good', according to the website. Father-to-be Channing Tatum came in third.
2. “…called the interviewer by the wrong name.”
3. Dwyane Wade
4. 5. Fan Bingbing - $17 million
6. The January-to-November period in the United States this year was the warmest first 11 months of any year on record for the contiguous states. And 2012 will likely surpass 1998 as the warmest year on record for the nation, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
5. May the New Year be a time of laughter and real enjoyment for you. Best wishes.
6. “Cooling measures [are] the most important issue affecting the [residential] property market in Hong Kong,” says Thomas Lam, head of valuation at Knight Frank. “That is why all the major institutional plans are looking at the office market in the past two or three years.”
2. 6. “The Martian” With its red-rock buttes and mesas, Ridley Scott’s deeply satisfying space western both draws from an enduring genre and his own Pantheon legacy. (Read the review.)
3. 'If that happens, that will need to be offset by some reduction of production out of Saudi [Arabia],' said Neil Gregson, a fund manager at J.P. Morgan Asset Management who oversees $3.5 billion in natural-resources investments.
"I heard from several business leaders who shared their concern about our relative silence and impact in urging the political leadership to act on behalf of the citizenry," Schultz wrote in a letter on his company's website.
But many others cities that have featured prominently in recent months remained relatively undaunted by the new popularity of purchasing curbs, as prices remained substantially elevated from a year earlier.